Germanicum Arminius is the result of hundreds of hours in refinement of Damascus forging techniques, refinement of production technologies and design improvements on every level.
We completely re-engineered the finger-guard and bolster tip section of the knife in order to shorten the distance between handle and blade. This much more compact design results into a higher degree of control over the blade.
The new blade is overall more straight than the old design. On the picture below you can see how the old blade falls off towards the edge, while our new blade offers an almost straight surface.
The tapered shape of the old blade makes the knife very stable, but also inflexible. The new flatter shape gives the blade more flexibility and thanks to the new steel we don't lose anything in terms of durability.
In addition the new blade has been straightened with a slightly more curved belly while adding some width in the middle of the blade, providing a greater surface area for improved cuts
The biggest difference between the two series is the steel which now consists of 440 instead of 67 layers of steel. This increased amount of steel layers gives the blade much more rigidity and therefore increases the durability and lifetime of the blade.
The prominent but important feature is this handle, its made up of pure wallnut wood, as compared to our VG-10 series. The handle is finished by a pure Damascus cap which compared to the basic stainless steel cap from the VG-10 series gives these knives an even better look and durability.
- Curved edged which works even well with rocking cuts.
- 100% Damascus Steel with 440 layers of Ultra sharp razor edge Blade steel: Hand-forged Damascus 400 layers (non stainless).
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32°)
- Hardness approx. 57-60 HRC
- Blade length: approx. 19.6 cm
- Blade height approx. 4.4 cm
- Back thickness approx. 2.0 mm tapering towards the tip to approx. 0.46 mm from the cutting edge.
- Handle length approx. 14 cm with Wallnut wooden Handles in Damascus forged handle cups
- 100 % Hand-forged & hand made product.
- Combination of 440 layers of pure Damascus steel ( non Stainless-steel).
- Forged blade bolster with forged handle cap & Brass pins
- Full Tang Damascus steel
- Blade thickness = 0,65 mm at edge & 2,42 mm at the back ( slight variations may occur due to hand forge).
- Blade length: 7.5 inch / 19 cm
- Weight : approx. 230 - 300 g
- Hand crafted in Germany & Packed in STERNSTEIGER wooden case (vintage look) (without leather sheath)
- well balanced & ultra Razor sharp series
- Nano-Coated for enhanced durability and reliability
- Designed by UBUTT DESIGN GERMANY.